|www.isleofwightweather.co.uk - The Isle of Wight Weather Station|
Equipment used by The Isle of Wight Weather Station Network
We only use equipment supplied by Weather Front Ltd, the UK's leading suppliers of weather stations and equipment.
To obtain our weather data, We use a Davis Instruments Wireless Vantage Pro Plus® with Standard Radiation Shield weather station, which is situated at 1:16:13W 50:43.13N at an elevation of 45 feet above sea level. As the crow flies, we are around a mile away from the Island Harbour, at Binfield Corner, Newport.
The ISS (Integrated Sensor Suite) which consists of all external sensors and data gathering equipment. The ISS includes a rain collector, temperature and humidity sensors, anemometer, solar radiation sensor, UV sensor and solar panel. The ISS is solar powered, with a small lithium battery to allow data transfer during darkness. Data is transferred from the ISS by a radio transmitter with a range of up to 120m outdoors, or typically 23m - 46m allowing for walls and obstructions.
Data is transferred from the ISS to a console indoors. This console can hold up to 6 months data, and shows you current conditions and historical data.
The final part of our system is WeatherLink for Vantage Pro, for windows. The WeatherLink data logger fits neatly into the Vantage Pro console, storing your weather data even when the computer is off. Transfer data to your PC whenever you like, then use the WeatherLink software to create graphs, generate summaries, and more. It enables us to do the following:-
• Choose a storage interval of 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 120 minutes. Store up to six months' worth of data, depending on the chosen storage interval.
• See current conditions at a glance on the instant weather bulletin, or graph data on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
• Generate Weather Watcher reports in National Climatic Data Center (NOAA) format.
• Post weather conditions to your web site and upload other files (such as images from a web cam).
• Enjoy special energy monitoring functions including heating and cooling degree days, and solar energy in Langleys.
• Use data to estimate sunburn risk for each skin type based on current UV index.
Every 12 hours, the WeatherLink software creates a new web page consisting of the previous two weeks rolling weather data, and uploads this to the website.